How To Make Key Lime Cake Recipe
- 1 box cake mix (vanilla, yellow or white)
- 1/2 cup oil
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lime zest
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tbsp almonds, sliced
- 2 cups whipped topping (or whipped cream)
- 2 tablespoon lime zest
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees (or 325F degrees if using a glass pan). Grease and flour the bottom and sides of a 9×13 inch pan.
- Add the cake mix, eggs, sour cream, 1/2 c oil, lime juice and lime zest to a large bowl.
- Beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 27-32 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean and if you give the pan a gentle nudge the cake doesn’t wobble in the middle.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- In a small saucepan over low heat add the lime juice and sugar. Heat until the sugar dissolves while gently stirring.
- When the cake is out of the oven, take a small pastry brush or a spoon and brush/drizzle the syrup over top.
- Spread the whipped topping over top of the cooled cake. Then sprinkle with lime zest.
- Cut into slices and serve.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!
Bars and Brownies
Pies & Pastries