Pump up the Party With Cheesy Poutine Poppers
Are you looking to take your next party to the next level? Look no further than the delectable and irresistible Cheesy Poutine Poppers. These bite-sized snacks are guaranteed to be the star of any gathering, with their crispy exterior, gooey cheese, and savory gravy. Whether you’re hosting a game night, a birthday celebration, or just a casual get-together, these poppers will have your guests coming back for more.
So, how do you create these mouthwatering treats? Let’s dive right into the recipe:
- 1 pound of frozen french fries
- 1 cup of cheese curds
- 1 cup of beef gravy
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup of panko breadcrumbs
- Oil for frying
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 425°F and bake the frozen french fries according to the package instructions. Make sure they are crispy and golden before proceeding.
- Remove the fries from the oven and let them cool slightly. Once cooled, cut them into small bite-sized pieces. Set aside.
- In a small skillet, heat the beef gravy over low heat until warmed through. Keep it on low heat to keep it warm while you prepare the rest of the recipe.
- Place the flour in a shallow bowl and season it with salt and pepper. In another bowl, beat the eggs. In a third bowl, place the panko breadcrumbs.
- Dip each french fry piece into the flour, then the beaten eggs, and finally coat it with the panko breadcrumbs. Repeat until all the fries are coated.
- In a large skillet or deep fryer, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Carefully drop the coated fries into the hot oil and fry until they are golden brown and crispy. Remove them from the oil and place them on a paper towel-lined plate to drain excess oil.
- Now comes the cheesy goodness! Take each fry piece and make a small slit in the center. Stuff it with a cheese curd and press the edges together to seal it.
- Once all the poppers are stuffed, place them in a baking dish and pour the warm gravy over the top, making sure each popper is covered.
- Pop the dish into the oven and bake for about 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the poppers are heated through.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes. Serve the Cheesy Poutine Poppers on a platter with some extra gravy on the side for dipping.
Your guests won’t be able to resist these Cheesy Poutine Poppers. The combination of crispy fries, melty cheese, and savory gravy is simply irresistible. Make sure to make plenty of them, as they tend to disappear quickly!
So, the next time you’re planning a party, don’t settle for ordinary snacks. Pump up the excitement with these Cheesy Poutine Poppers. Your guests will thank you, and you’ll solidify your reputation as the ultimate party host.