These baked black bean cakes are easy to make and have less fat than fried cakes.
How To Make Spicy Black Bean Cakes
This black bean cake is spicy and flavorful. The right kick from the jalapenos will surely make this dish enjoyable during the cold, winter nights.
- To prepare lime sour cream, mix the sour cream, lime juice, 1 small minced jalapeno, and salt together in a small bowl. Cover, and refrigerate.
For black bean cakes:
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat.
- Cook green onions until softened, about 1 minute.
- Stir in garlic, 2 diced jalapenos, and cumin; cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Transfer contents of skillet to a large bowl.
- Stir in black beans, and mash with a fork.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix in sweet potatoes, egg, and bread crumbs.
- Divide into 8 balls, and flatten into patties.
- In the oven, set cooking rack about 4 inches from heat source.
- Set oven to broil.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet with 1 tablespoon oil.
- Place bean patties on a baking sheet, and broil 8-10 minutes.
- Turn cakes over, and broil until crispy, about 3 minutes more.
- Serve with lime sour cream.
- Sugar: 2g
- Calcium: 85mg
- Calories: 197kcal
- Carbohydrates: 27g
- Cholesterol: 25mg
- Fat: 7g
- Fiber: 6g
- Iron: 3mg
- Potassium: 413mg
- Protein: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Sodium: 91mg
- Vitamin A: 4934IU
- Vitamin C: 9mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!