Instead of making tortilla soup on the stove try this recipe for a crockpot style. This is so much better since you can actually walk away and let the flavors cook with one another.
How To Make Crockpot Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 2 lb. chicken tenders cooked
- 3 large potatoes
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 can chicken broth
- ½ cup onion
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 can green chillies small can
- fresh cilantro to taste (optional)
- 3 flour tortillas
- Cut cooked chicken tenders and potatoes into cubes.
- Chop onion into bite-size pieces.
- Place all ingredients except tortillas into a crockpot and cook on medium heat for 5-6 hours.
- Cut flour tortillas into small strips.
- Fry in batches in deep fat until slightly golden brown.
- Ladle soup into bowls.
- Top with fried tortillas and grated cheese.