Pot roast, the ultimate slow food, can simmer all day in a crockpot. This one’s subtle cloves, ginger and apple juice provide a hint of unique Bavarian flavors on a cool day. Enjoy the tender slices of beef and the flavorful gravy during dinner time.
How To Make Crockpot Bavarian Pot Roast
- Wipe roast well and trim off all excess fat.
- Lightly rub top of meat with oil.
- Dust meat with salt, pepper and ginger.
- Insert cloves into meat.
- Place apples and onions in bottom of crockpot.
- Put roast on top of the apples and onions.
- Pour in the apple juice.
- Cover and cook on a low setting for 8 to 12 hours.
- Remove the roast and apples to a warm platter when fully cooked.
- Pour the liquid out of the crockpot into a saucepan.
- Drain off as much of the fat as you can.
- Make smooth paste with the flour and water and stir the paste into the liquid.
- Cook liquid over medium heat until thickened, five to ten minutes.
- Serve gravy alongside the sliced roast, apples and onions.
- Sugar: 15g
- Calcium: 61mg
- Calories: 657kcal
- Carbohydrates: 26g
- Cholesterol: 209mg
- Fat: 36g
- Fiber: 3g
- Iron: 7mg
- Potassium: 1180mg
- Protein: 59g
- Saturated Fat: 16g
- Sodium: 726mg
- Vitamin A: 105IU
- Vitamin C: 7mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!