How To Make Pork Chops with Smoked Gouda and Bacon
- 2 oz Gouda cheese smoked, shredded
- 4 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper plus more as needed to taste
- 2 pork chops 2 ¼-inch thick each, center-cut, bone-in
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat.
- In a small bowl, combine the cheese, bacon, parsley, and black pepper.
- Lay the chop flat on a cutting board. With a sharp knife held parallel to the board, cut a pocket into the pork, going all the way to the bone but leaving the sides intact.
- Stuff cheese mixture into the pocket and close with a wooden toothpick.
- Brush meat with oil and season with salt and more black pepper.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Grill over medium heat for 5-8 minutes on each side, or until pork is done. Be careful not to overcook. Serve once done.
Calories: 487kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 48g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 165mg | Sodium: 895mg | Potassium: 738mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 791IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 241mg | Iron: 2mg