Italian for sandwich, this panini is made with refrigerated pizza crust, spinach, and plenty of other flavors.
How To Make Chicken Florentine Panini
A simple meal but packs a hearty feeling and a scrumptious experience. Learn how to make this Italian-inspired sandwich in the form of a delicious chicken Florentine panini. Share this wonderful meal among your friends and family.
Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
Unroll dough and place in ungreased 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
- Starting at center, press out dough to edges of pan.
Bake at 375 degrees F for 10 minutes.
- Cool 15 minutes or until completely cool. Meanwhile, cook spinach as directed on package.
Drain and squeeze dry with paper towels. In small bowl, combine mayonnaise and one of the garlic cloves.
- Mix and refrigerate. Heat oil in small saucepan over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add onion; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Add sugar and vinegar. Reduce heat to low; simmer 3 to 5 minutes or until most of liquid has evaporated, stirring occasionally.
- To flatten each chicken breast half, place, boned side up, between two pieces of plastic wrap or waxed paper.
Working from center, gently pound chicken with flat side of meat mallet or rolling pin until about ¼-inch thick then remove from wrap.
- Sprinkle chicken with Italian seasoning and minced garlic.
Spray large skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat until hot.
Add chicken. Cook 8 minutes or until browned, tender and juices run clear.
- Turn once. Cut cooled pizza crust into 4 rectangles.
Remove rectangles from pan and spread each with 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise mixture.
Top 2 rectangles with chicken, spinach, onion mixture, cheese and remaining crust rectangles, with mayonnaise side down.
- Heat large skillet or cast iron skillet over medium heat until hot.
- Place sandwiches in skillet.
- Place a smaller skillet on sandwiches to flatten slightly.
- Cook about 1 to 2 minutes or until crisp and heated, turning once.
- Cut each sandwich into quarters.
- Sugar: 13g
- Calcium: 592mg
- Calories: 871kcal
- Carbohydrates: 92g
- Cholesterol: 103mg
- Fat: 33g
- Fiber: 7g
- Iron: 9mg
- Potassium: 1299mg
- Protein: 52g
- Saturated Fat: 12g
- Sodium: 1530mg
- Vitamin A: 12331IU
- Vitamin C: 44mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!