Busy moms will love this flexible, family pleasing basked pasta casserole recipe. It guarantees full bellies, includes everything needed for a well balance meal, and only takes one hour to whip up. Whether it be your carnivore, pasta enthusiast, or cheese lover, everyone will be able to find something they enjoy about this dish.
How To Make Baked Ziti Casserole
This wonderful pasta casserole dish has its roots in Napoli and it is one of the simplest of dishes that should be shared with the world. This amazing baked ziti casserole definitely deserves a place on your dinner table.
Preheat your over to 350 degrees F.
- Fill a medium sized stockpot with water and bring to a boil; do no add any flavoring to the water.
- Slowly add the pasta to the boiling water, lower the heat, and continue cooking until the pasta is done, about eight to ten minutes.
- Set pasta aside.
- Remove the casings off the sausage links and cook them in a large sized stockpot with the onions and garlic until brown. Continue by adding the tomato paste, pepper, salt, and diced tomatoes.
Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce heat, and continue simmering for 10 minutes with occasional stirring.
- Add the pasta and basil into the sausage mixture; pour half of this mixture into a casserole dish.
- Coat the dish with half of the prepared cheese.
- Repeat the process for the other half of the mixture.
- Bake it in the oven for around 25 minutes and serve.
- Sugar: 5g
- Calcium: 296mg
- Calories: 509kcal
- Carbohydrates: 50g
- Cholesterol: 62mg
- Fat: 23g
- Fiber: 3g
- Iron: 3mg
- Potassium: 534mg
- Protein: 25g
- Saturated Fat: 9g
- Sodium: 916mg
- Vitamin A: 439IU
- Vitamin C: 12mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!