How To Make Korean Grilled Chicken Breasts
- 1lbchicken breasts,skinless, cut in half lengthwise
- ¼cuplow sodium soy sauce,or gluten-free soy sauce
- ¼cupapple sauce,unsweetened
- ¼cupyellow onion,finely chopped
- 1tspsesame oil
- 1tbsplight brown sugar
- 2garlic cloves,crushed
- 1tspred pepper flakes,optional
- 1tspsesame seeds,plus more for topping
- 2scallions,(white and green parts), thinly sliced
Place the chicken breasts, one at a time, in a Ziploc bag. Pound the chicken breast to an even thickness, about ½ inch thick, being careful not to puncture the bag.
In a medium bowl, combine the soy sauce, apple sauce, onion, sesame oil, ginger, brown sugar, garlic, red pepper flakes, if using, and sesame seeds. Reserve ¼ cup of the marinade and transfer the remainder to the Ziploc bag with the chicken. Refrigerate and marinate for at least 1 hour.
Over medium-high heat, grill the chicken for 2 to 3 minutes or until it no longer sticks to the grill. Turn the chicken, spoon the reserved ¼ cup of marinade over each breast and grill an addition 2 to 3 minutes.
- Calories: 243.05kcal
- Fat: 12.10g
- Saturated Fat: 3.25g
- Trans Fat: 0.12g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 4.93g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.90g
- Carbohydrates: 7.21g
- Fiber: 0.83g
- Sugar: 4.41g
- Protein: 25.62g
- Cholesterol: 72.57mg
- Sodium: 647.99mg
- Calcium: 37.64mg
- Potassium: 370.38mg
- Iron: 1.39mg
- Vitamin A: 33.67µg
- Vitamin C: 5.94mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!