Delicious Hawaiian bread that anyone will love – even those who don’t like coconut! Eat it for desert or with any meat hot off the grill. Taste great warm or cool.
How To Make Pani Popo (Hawaiian Coconut Bread)
A wonderful recipe to spruce up your regular dinner rolls! These pani popo or Hawaiian coconut bread are sweet and fluffy rolls made creamy with the coconut milk and condensed milk mixture.
Coat a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Coat your hands with cooking spray or shortening, and roll the dough balls in your hands so that they have a light coating.
- Place in the prepared dish.
- Set aside in a warm place to rise until doubled, up to 2 hours.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, stir together the coconut milk, sweetened condensed milk and sugar.
- Pour this mixture over the top of the rolls as evenly as you can.
- Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown.
- Let cool for a few minutes before separating and serving.
- Sugar: 15g
- Calcium: 65mg
- Calories: 184kcal
- Carbohydrates: 28g
- Cholesterol: 1mg
- Fat: 7g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 2mg
- Potassium: 98mg
- Protein: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Sodium: 156mg
- Vitamin A: 10IU
- Vitamin C: 1mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!