Making the Perfect Rhubarb Crumble
Are you a fan of sweet and tangy desserts? Look no further than a delicious rhubarb crumble! This classic British dessert combines the tartness of rhubarb with a sweet and buttery crumb topping. It’s the ultimate comfort food that will leave you craving for more. In this article, we will guide you through the process of making the perfect rhubarb crumble that will surely impress your friends and family.
- 4 cups of fresh rhubarb, sliced
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of rolled oats
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, chilled and cubed
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- A pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sliced rhubarb, granulated sugar, and lemon juice. Toss to coat the rhubarb evenly.
- Transfer the rhubarb mixture into a baking dish and spread it out evenly.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt together.
- Add the chilled cubed butter into the dry ingredients and rub it in with your fingertips until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle the crumble mixture evenly over the rhubarb mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the rhubarb is bubbling.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream.
Now, take a moment to savor the delicious aroma of your freshly baked rhubarb crumble. The tangy rhubarb combined with the buttery crumb topping creates a symphony of flavors in every bite. Whether you’re enjoying it on a cozy evening at home or serving it at a gathering, this rhubarb crumble is sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
Experiment with different variations by adding a handful of chopped nuts to the crumble mixture or mixing in some strawberries for a hint of sweetness. The possibilities are endless when it comes to customizing this classic dessert.
So, next time you have some rhubarb at hand, don’t hesitate to whip up a batch of this delectable rhubarb crumble. It’s a dessert that’s guaranteed to satisfy your sweet tooth and leave you craving for more. Enjoy!
– 4-5 cups of sliced rhubarb
– 1 cup of granulated sugar
– 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
– 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
– 1 cup of all-purpose flour
– 1/2 cup of cold unsalted butter, cubed
– 1/2 cup of rolled oats
– 1/2 cup of brown sugar
– 1/4 teaspoon of salt
Read Next: How To Make Digestive Biscuits