How To Cook Frozen Pizza In Microwave
When it comes to convenience and quick meals, frozen pizza is a go-to option for many people. And while it’s usually cooked in an oven, did you know that you can also cook a frozen pizza in a microwave? In this article, we’ll walk you through the step-by-step process of cooking a delicious frozen pizza in a microwave, ensuring you have a hot and tasty meal in no time!
What You’ll Need:
- Frozen pizza of your choice
- Microwave-safe plate or microwave-safe pizza pan
- Paper towel or microwave-safe cover
- Check the packaging instructions: Start by reading the instructions on the packaging of your frozen pizza. While most brands provide oven cooking instructions, some may also include microwave cooking guidelines.
- Prep your microwave-safe plate/pan: Place the frozen pizza on a microwave-safe plate or pizza pan. Make sure it fits comfortably inside the microwave without touching the walls.
- Adjust cooking time: Adjust the cooking time according to the size and thickness of your pizza. Typically, cooking a frozen pizza in the microwave takes around 3-6 minutes, but it may vary depending on your microwave’s wattage and the pizza brand.
- Cover with a paper towel or microwave-safe cover: To prevent any splattering or mess, cover the pizza with a paper towel or a microwave-safe cover. This also helps to retain the moisture while cooking.
- Microwave on high: Place the plate with the pizza in the microwave and set it to high power. Start by microwaving for 2 minutes and then check the progress. You may need to rotate the plate to ensure even cooking.
- Continue cooking: If the pizza is not yet fully cooked, continue microwaving it in 1-minute intervals until the cheese is melted and the crust is crispy. Keep a close eye on it to avoid overcooking.
- Let it rest: Once the pizza is cooked to your liking, carefully remove it from the microwave using oven mitts or a towel, as it will be hot. Allow it to rest for a minute or two before slicing and serving.
- Avoid using a foil-wrapped frozen pizza in the microwave, as it can cause sparks and damage your microwave.
- For a crisper crust, you can place the microwave-cooked pizza on a preheated pan or pizza stone in the oven for a few minutes.
- Consider using microwave-safe add-ons like diced vegetables, herbs, or shredded cheese to enhance the flavor of your frozen pizza.
Now that you know how to cook a frozen pizza in the microwave, you can enjoy a quick and tasty meal whenever the pizza craving strikes. It’s a convenient option that saves time without compromising on taste. So go ahead, try it out, and savor every delicious bite!
Read Next: How To Cook Frozen Corn In Microwave