How To Make BBQ Chicken Enchiladas
These Mexican chicken enchiladas makes the perfect lunch meal to keep you full for the rest of the day. Cook up this loaded dish in just under an hour.
- 2tbspvegetable oil
- 1small red onion,peeled and diced
- 1.5lbschicken breasts,boneless, skinless, diced into small ½-inch pieces
- salt and pepper
- 4ozOld El Paso diced green chiles,1 can
- 15.5ozblack beans,1 can, rinsed and drained
- ½cupwhole-kernel corn
- 8Old El Paso large flour tortillas,1 package
- 3cupsMexican-blend cheese,shredded
- 1¼cupsred enchilada sauce,like Old El Paso
- ½cupBBQ sauce
- ¼cupfresh cilantro,chopped, extra diced red onions, optional toppings
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
Add the red onion, then sauté for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the diced chicken and green chiles, then season with salt and pepper.
Sauté for 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the chicken is cooked through.
Stir in the beans and corn until combined. Remove from heat and set aside.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the enchilada sauce and BBQ sauce until combined. Set aside.
Lay out a tortilla on a flat work surface, then spread two tablespoons of sauce over the surface of the tortilla.
Add a few spoonfuls of the chicken mixture, then sprinkle with ⅓ cup of cheese.
Roll up the tortilla, then place them in a greased 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
Repeat with the remaining tortillas and filling.
Spread the remaining enchilada sauce and sprinkle the remaining shredded cheese on top of the tortillas.
Bake uncovered for 20 to 25 minutes until the cheese is melted and the tortillas are crispy around the edges. Remove from oven.
Serve warm, garnished with chopped fresh cilantro and extra diced red onions, and enjoy!
- Calories: 762.14kcal
- Fat: 29.07g
- Saturated Fat: 10.65g
- Trans Fat: 0.13g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 11.54g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 4.37g
- Carbohydrates: 80.09g
- Fiber: 11.59g
- Sugar: 13.43g
- Protein: 45.95g
- Cholesterol: 94.33mg
- Sodium: 1164.60mg
- Calcium: 468.96mg
- Potassium: 1261.69mg
- Iron: 6.35mg
- Vitamin A: 106.59µg
- Vitamin C: 36.63mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!