Your family will feel as if they are on a Mediterranean getaway when they bite into this tasty orzo pasta salad, a favorite dish to those in tropical islands . This simple recipe calls for easy to find ingredients and takes almost no time out of your busy schedule. Basil, tomatoes, and fresh feta are a few ingredients that can be found in this healthy salad. An added bonus? This delectable dish costs much less than taking you’re family on a real vacation. Now that’s what we call smooth sailing!
How To Make Mediterranean Orzo Pasta Salad
This Mediterranean Salad is a savory bowl filled with orzo pasta cooked in chicken broth. A drizzle of lemon juice adds a yummy tang and the fresh grape tomatoes, onions, and olives are sweet elements within the dish. A sprinkle of feta cheese and you can serve this quick to make bowl of salad!
- In a large pot, pour in the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Add salt for seasoning.
- Place the orzo inside the pot and add salt for seasoning. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Once cooked, drain and set the orzo aside.
- In a bowl, mix the olive oil, lemon juice, and a dash of salt and pepper together.
- In another bowl, toss in the basil, parsley, tomatoes, onions, olives, and feta cheese.
- Slowly add the orzo to the basil mixture and toss well.
- Drizzle the olive oil mixture and toss until well-combined.
- Enjoy a yummy bowl of Mediterranean Orzo Pasta Salad!
- Sugar: 7g
- Calcium: 110mg
- Calories: 764kcal
- Carbohydrates: 96g
- Fat: 35g
- Fiber: 7g
- Iron: 4mg
- Potassium: 885mg
- Protein: 18g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Sodium: 1837mg
- Vitamin A: 2333IU
- Vitamin C: 62mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!