Adding some apple juice to barbecue sauce can give it an even sweeter taste. This is what makes this BBQ chicken taste a whole lot better and adds a whole new flavor profile to it.
How To Make Apple Sweet BBQ Chicken
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup apple juice froze, concentrate
- 3 lb fryer chicken cut-up, skin removed if desired
- In a small saucepan, combine barbecue sauce and apple juice concentrate. Blend well and set aside.
- When ready to grill, place chicken, skin side down, on gas grill over medium heat or on charcoal grill 4-6 inches from medium coals.
- Cook for 25-35 minutes or until chicken is fork-tender and juices run clear, turning often and brushing frequently with sauce during the last 15 minutes of cooking time.
- Bring any remaining sauce to a boil and serve over the chicken.
Calories: 280kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 82mg | Sodium: 321mg | Potassium: 271mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 206IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 1mg