Hot Dogs and Kraut Recipe
A terrific blend of bacon, sauerkraut and homemade Thousand Island dressing. You can substitute a favorite sauce variety if you prefer. Now, you don’t need to step-up and find the nearest hot dog cart. Try our simple hot dog recipe.
How To Make Hot Dogs and Kraut
- Prepare the dressing, combining the ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat the grill, bringing the temperature to high.
- While your grill is heating, in a medium bowl, mix together the sauerkraut with the dressing.
- Grill the hot dogs for about 3 to 5 minutes over high heat until deeply browned, rolling to crisp all surfaces.
- Toast the buns on the edge of the grill if you wish.
- Toss the bacon with the sauerkraut mixture.
- Place the dogs on the buns and serve with the sauerkraut.
- Calcium: 90mg
- Calories: 367kcal
- Carbohydrates: 31g
- Cholesterol: 32mg
- Fat: 22g
- Fiber: 2g
- Iron: 3mg
- Potassium: 179mg
- Protein: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Sodium: 818mg
- Sugar: 4g
- Vitamin A: 145IU
- Vitamin C: 6mg