Improve your classic chicken dinner with a savory stuffed chicken! Use dried apricots, raisins, and other types of fruits to fill this spiced roasted chicken breast.
How To Make Fruit Stuffed Chicken
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Combine the dried fruit, bread crumbs, and 2 tablespoons oil in a bowl.
- Mix well to combine and set aside.
- Mix the salt, pepper, and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Split the chicken breasts in half to make room for the filling.
- Sprinkle the insides of the halves with the spice mix and then top with the fruit mixture.
- Fold each breast over and sprinkle the outside with the rest of the spice mix.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet and cook the chicken until browned on the bottom.
- Turn it over and cook another 2 minutes until the second side is browned.
- Add the remaining oil and add the rest of the chicken for cooking.
- Roast the chicken in the oven for 10 minutes until firm to the touch and serve.
- Sugar: 4g
- Calcium: 40mg
- Calories: 403kcal
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Cholesterol: 145mg
- Fat: 17g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 909mg
- Protein: 49g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Sodium: 790mg
- Vitamin A: 68IU
- Vitamin C: 3mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!