Apple Pie Bars Recipe
It’s an apple pie recipe but made into bars! Now that’s a unique way to serve dessert during Thanksgiving.
How To Make Apple Pie Bars
These yummy bars are made from fresh apples and topped off with a zesty lemon glaze that's perfect for a Thanksgiving-themed dessert.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, salt and baking powder.
- Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg yolks, lemon juice and water; gradually add to flour mixture, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball.
- Divide in half.
Chill for 30 minutes. Roll out one portion of dough between two large sheets of waxed paper into a 17-inch x 12-inch rectangle.
Transfer to an ungreased 15-inch x 10-inch x 1-inch baking pan.
- Press pastry onto the bottom and up the sides of pan; trim pastry even with top edge. In a bowl, toss the apples, sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg; spread over crust.
- Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pan; place over filling.
- Trim edges; brush edges between pastry with water or milk; pinch to seal.
- Cut slits in top.
Bake at 375 degrees F for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Combine glaze ingredients until smooth; drizzle over bars before cutting.
- Calcium: 25mg
- Calories: 271kcal
- Carbohydrates: 44g
- Cholesterol: 33mg
- Fat: 10g
- Fiber: 2g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 66mg
- Protein: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Sodium: 121mg
- Sugar: 25g
- Vitamin A: 63IU
- Vitamin C: 2mg