How To Make 110 Calorie Chocolate Cherry Muffins
Have a bite of these rich chocolate cherry muffins, filled with delightfully fudgy choco and cherry delight. The best thing is it has lower calories!
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
Spray a 12-count muffin pan with nonstick spray. Do not use liners.
In a large bowl, combine the applesauce, sugar, honey, egg whites, Greeek yogurt, and vanilla extract.
Whisk them all together until smooth, with no yogurt lumps remaining.
Sift the flours, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda, and baking powder together.
Slowly stir in the wet ingredients, being careful not to overmix.
Get any dry pockets of flour out.
Fold in the cherries. The batter will be a little chunky. This is okay.
Divide the batter evenly between each muffin cup – fill them all the way to the top if possible.
Bake for 5 minutes at 425 degrees F then, keeping the muffins in the oven, reduce the heat to 350 degrees F and continue baking for another 15 minutes.
Insert a toothpick into the center of 1 muffin. If it comes out clean, they are done.
If not, bake for 2 more minutes.
Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 3 minutes in the pan, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- The muffins stay fresh in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
- Freezing Instructions: For longer storage, freeze the muffins for up to 3 months. Allow to thaw overnight in the refrigerator and heat up in the microwave if desired.
- Sifting: If the cocoa powder has lumps, sift it with the dry ingredients to avoid any dry cocoa powder lumps in the muffins.
- Calories: 128.30kcal
- Fat: 1.68g
- Saturated Fat: 0.92g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 0.19g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.11g
- Carbohydrates: 27.19g
- Fiber: 2.50g
- Sugar: 16.91g
- Protein: 3.99g
- Cholesterol: 2.39mg
- Sodium: 203.41mg
- Calcium: 50.77mg
- Potassium: 134.51mg
- Iron: 1.11mg
- Vitamin A: 1.83µg
- Vitamin C: 4.05mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!