This chocolate cupcake recipe is sweet, decadent, and perfect for dinner parties.
How To Make Warm Chocolate Cupcakes with Molten Centers
Chocolate cupcakes with a molten center surprise.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease your ramekins with a nonstick cooking spray or butter.
- Put the chocolate pieces and the butter in a heat-proof bowl set over but not touching the simmering water of a double boiler.
- Heat and stir frequently until completely melted and smoothly blended.
- Remove the pan or bowl from the heat and set it aside.
- Put the eggs, egg yolks, and sugar in the large bowl of an electric mixer, or in a mixing bowl if you are using a handheld electric mixer.
- Beat the eggs and sugar together at medium-high speed for about 5 minutes until the mixture turns pale yellow, thick, and creamy. Add the vanilla syrup and beat again.
- About a third at a time, use a spatula to fold the egg mixture into the chocolate mixture.
- Gently fold in the flour just until no streaks remain.
- With a ladle or large spoon, transfer this batter to the prepared custard cups or ramekins, filling them about two-thirds full.
- Put the cups or ramekins on a baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes just until the cakes have risen and their sides look firm, taking care not to over-bake them.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven, carefully remove the cups or ramekins from the baking sheet, and set them aside to cool slightly for about 10 minutes before unmolding onto individual serving plates.
- Top your cupcakes with whipped cream and garnish with shaved chocolate. Enjoy!
- Sugar: 24g
- Calcium: 48mg
- Calories: 725kcal
- Carbohydrates: 74g
- Cholesterol: 260mg
- Fat: 44g
- Fiber: 3g
- Iron: 4mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 13g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g
- Potassium: 185mg
- Protein: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 26g
- Sodium: 46mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 1194IU
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!