How To Make Ultimate Birthday Cupcakes
These soft and heavenly birthday cupcakes are bright and sweet treats, that are topped with a rich frosting and a crunchy chocolate shell!
- *confetti cupcakes,(see Recipes Notes below for recipe), or any cupcakes
- 3large egg whites,room temperature
- ¾cupgranulated sugar
- ¼tspcream of tartar
- 1tsppure vanilla extract
For Chocolate Shell:
- 10ozsemi sweet chocolate,coarsely chopped
- 1½tbspcanola oil,or vegetable oil
- sprinkles,for topping, optional
Make the confetti cupcakes. Allow them to completely cool.
Marshmallow Meringue Frosting:
Place the egg whites, sugar, and cream of tartar in a heatproof bowl. Set the bowl over a saucepan filled with two inches of simmering water. Do not let it touch the water.
Whisk constantly for about 4 minutes until sugar is dissolved.
Transfer the mixing bowl to an electric mixer fitted with a whisk attachment. Add the vanilla. Beat on high speed for 5 to 6 minutes until soft, glossy peaks form. Taste. Add a pinch of salt, if needed.
Pipe the frosting onto each cooled cupcake. Chill the cupcakes in the refrigerator or freezer until frosting is completely firm.
Melt the chopped chocolate and oil together in the microwave in 20-second increments, stirring after each until completely melted. Let the chocolate cool down for 5 to 10 minutes before dipping.
Holding the cupcake by its bottom, carefully and very quickly dip each into chocolate to coat the frosting. Place on a wire rack on top of a baking sheet in case any chocolate drips off. Add any additional sprinkles on top.
Refrigerate cupcakes for 30 minutes to set the chocolate.
Serve and enjoy!
- *Check out this Confetti Sprinkle Cupcakes Recipe to go with these birthday cupcakes!
- Cover and store cupcakes at room temperature for 1 day or in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Calories: 158.45kcal
- Fat: 7.59g
- Saturated Fat: 3.70g
- Trans Fat: 0.01g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 2.97g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.62g
- Carbohydrates: 24.25g
- Fiber: 1.19g
- Sugar: 22.29g
- Protein: 1.62g
- Sodium: 93.87mg
- Calcium: 7.17mg
- Potassium: 94.96mg
- Iron: 0.65mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!