Cupcakes are a great alternative to pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving. Spiced Sweet Potato Jumbo Cupcakes are trendy, tasty and sure to please the kid in everyone at your table.
How To Make Spiced Sweet Potato Jumbo Cupcakes with Vanilla Frosting
Jumbo muffin cupcakes made of sweet potatoes with a sweet vanilla frosting
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Place 8 large baking cups in a muffin pan and set aside.
In a mixing bowl, mix together 2 sticks butter and granulated sugar on medium speed for 2 minutes.
Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Add 1 teaspoon vanilla and pumpkin pie spice; beating until mixed throughout.
Add ½ of flour, beating on low speed until incorporated throughout.
- Add sweet potatoes and continue mixing until incorporated.
- Add remaining flour mixture and beat until combined throughout.
- Divide mixture between baking cups.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 25 minutes, or until cupcakes test done.
- Remove from oven, cool completely and frost.
To make frosting
- In a mixing bowl combine reserved 3 tbsp. butter and confectioners' sugar.
- Beat on low until incorporated, add heavy cream and continue beating on low until mixed throughout.
- Beat on high for 2 minutes.
- Sugar: 56g
- Calcium: 46mg
- Calories: 653kcal
- Carbohydrates: 84g
- Cholesterol: 173mg
- Fat: 33g
- Fiber: 2g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 165mg
- Protein: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 20g
- Sodium: 57mg
- Vitamin A: 4599IU
- Vitamin C: 1mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!