How To Make Pumpkin Cupcakes and Pumpkin Muffins
These delectable pumpkin cupcakes are well-spiced, moist, and flavorful, plus they double as muffins, too! This recipe would make 2 in 1!
- 1¾cupsall-purpose flour,spoon and leveled
- 1tspbaking powder
- 1tspbaking soda
- 1tsppumpkin pie spice
- ⅔cupdark brown sugar,packed
- 2large eggs
- 1cuppumpkin puree,not pumpkin pie filling
- ½cupvegetable oil
- 1tsppure vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Line a 12-count muffin pan with cupcake liners or spray with nonstick spray.
In a large bowl, toss the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice together until combined.
In a medium bowl, whisk the brown sugar and eggs together until combined.
Whisk in the pumpkin, oil, milk, and vanilla until combined.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Do not overmix the batter.
Spoon the batter evenly into 14 cups.
Fill the unused cups ⅓ full with water to prevent warping.
Bake for 17 to 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Allow to cool completely before frosting.
- The leftover cupcakes keep well covered tightly at room temperature or in the refrigerator for 3 days.
- Make-Ahead and Freezing Instructions: Prepare the cupcakes 1 day in advance. Keep covered tightly at room temperature. The unfrosted cupcakes can be frozen for up to 2 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator and bring to room temperature before frosting and serving.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice: Make own 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice by blending ⅛ teaspoon each of ground ginger, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, ground cloves, and ground allspice. Don’t leave out the 1 and ½ teaspoons of ground cinnamon.
- Brown Sugar: The pumpkin and spice flavor really excels with just a little more brown sugar. Use ⅔ cup for the best flavor.
- Mini Cupcakes or Muffins: For around 30 minis, line the mini muffin pans with liners or spray with nonstick spray. Prepare the cupcakes as directed. Bake the mini cupcakes for 12 to 13 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Calories: 175.68kcal
- Fat: 9.09g
- Saturated Fat: 0.91g
- Trans Fat: 0.06g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 6.09g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.58g
- Carbohydrates: 20.87g
- Fiber: 1.10g
- Sugar: 7.69g
- Protein: 2.91g
- Cholesterol: 27.15mg
- Sodium: 144.97mg
- Calcium: 51.05mg
- Potassium: 81.95mg
- Iron: 1.23mg
- Vitamin A: 150.31µg
- Vitamin C: 0.77mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!