How To Make Lemon Cupcakes with Vanilla Frosting
With hints of fresh flavors, vanilla buttercream frosting makes these lemon cupcakes the right balance of sweet and tangy tones that are perfect with tea.
- ½cupunsalted butter,softened to room temperature
- 1cupgranulated sugar,200g
- 2large eggs,at room temperature
- 1½tsppure vanilla extract
- 1½cupsall-purpose flour,spoon and leveled
- 2tspbaking powder
- ½cupwhole milk
- 1½tbsplemon zest
- ⅓cuplemon juice,fresh
- *vanilla buttercream,(see Recipe Notes for recipe), for topping
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake liners.
Using a stand mixer, beat the butter and sugar together on medium-high speed in a large bowl for about 2 minutes until creamed. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed.
Add eggs and vanilla extract, then beat on medium-high speed for about 1 minute until combined. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed. Set aside.
Whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt together in a medium bowl. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, start the mixer on low speed, then slowly add the milk, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Do not overmix.
Spoon batter evenly into 12 cupcake liners, filling them about ⅔ full. Bake for about 18 to 22 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before frosting.
Frost cooled cupcakes with vanilla buttercream.
Serve and enjoy.
- *Check out the Vanilla Buttercream Frosting Recipe to learn how to make the creamy topping.
- For around 30 mini cupcakes, bake for about 11 to 13 minutes, same oven temperature.
- Leftover cupcakes keep well covered tightly in the refrigerator for 3 days.
- Calories: 211.89kcal
- Fat: 8.97g
- Saturated Fat: 5.34g
- Trans Fat: 0.31g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 2.39g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.53g
- Carbohydrates: 30.02g
- Fiber: 0.52g
- Sugar: 17.53g
- Protein: 3.10g
- Cholesterol: 52.35mg
- Sodium: 161.30mg
- Calcium: 78.95mg
- Potassium: 53.69mg
- Iron: 0.98mg
- Vitamin A: 82.73µg
- Vitamin C: 3.59mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!