Hunks of Burning Love Cupcake Recipe
This recipe is a variation from the red velvet cake taste. To spice the flavor up a bit, ground red pepper, cinnamon and pepper sauce increase the heat level of this cupcake recipe. This gives it that burning sensation that won’t burn you literally. But rather, it’s got that nice kick that contrasts with the sweetness. A perfect blend as we like to call it.
How To Make Hunks of Burning Love Cupcakes
It's time to spice things up with our decadent and satisfying burning love cupcakes recipe. Our choice of spiced seasoning might take you by surprise in flavor and in spice.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
Line 28 2-½-inch cupcake pans with paper liners; set aside.
- In medium bowl combine flour, cocoa powder, red pepper, cinnamon and salt; set aside.
- In large mixing bowl beat butter on medium-high 30 seconds.
- Add sugar and vanilla; beat until combined.
- One at a time, add eggs; beat on medium after each.
- Beat in food coloring on low.
- Alternately add flour mixture and buttermilk to egg mixture; beat on low to medium speed after each just until combined. Stir together baking soda and vinegar.
- Add to batter; beat just until combined.
Spoon batter into prepared pans, filling each about ⅔ full.
- Bake 15-17 minutes.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Remove from pans.
- Cool completely before frosting cupcakes.
For a more grown-up taste, you could replace one or two tablespoons of the buttermilk with orange-flavored liqueur or cinnamon schnapps in both the batter and frosting.
In a medium saucepan stir together butter or margarine, unsweetened cocoa powder and buttermilk.
Cook and stir until boiling; remove from heat.
Beat in sifted powdered sugar, vanilla and pepper sauce to taste with an electric mixer on low speed until blended.
Note: If desired, use silicone heart-shaped cupcake liners placed on a rimmed baking sheet, or place regular paper liners in metal heart-shaped cupcake pan.
Decorating Note: You can melt white chocolate chips with a touch of red food coloring and drizzle a heart on top of each cupcake.
- Calcium: 68mg
- Calories: 654kcal
- Carbohydrates: 111g
- Cholesterol: 45mg
- Fat: 22g
- Fiber: 2g
- Iron: 2mg
- Potassium: 161mg
- Protein: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Sodium: 594mg
- Sugar: 84g
- Vitamin A: 998IU
- Vitamin C: 1mg