How To Make Apple Carrot Cupcakes
Paired with a cream cheese frosting, these apple carrot cupcakes are made with a spice batter, coconut, and pecans for a sweet, satisfying treat.
- 2cupsall purpose flour
- 2tspbaking soda
- 1½tspbaking powder
- ¼tspground nutmeg
- ⅛tspground cloves
- 1cupvegetable oil,light olive oil or canola oil
- 4large eggs,lightly beaten
- 1½cupcarrots,(about 3 medium), packed coarsely grated
- 1½cupstart apples,(about 2 medium), packed coarsely grated, such as granny smith
- 1cuppecans or walnuts,coarsely chopped
- ¼cupcoconut,sweetened shredded
- 8ozcream cheese,at room temperature
- 4tbspunsalted butter,at room temperature
- 1tspvanilla extract
- 2cupspowdered sugar,sifted
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and place the rack in the center of the oven.
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, granulated sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt.
Stir in oil and eggs. Stir in carrots, apples, pecans, and coconut.
Place paper liners in muffin tins. Spoon the batter into the paper cups, ¾ of the way to the top.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes (testing after 20 min), or until a tester inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let cool completely before frosting.
Beat the cream cheese, butter, and vanilla until smooth and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Gradually add powdered sugar and mix until combined.
Once the cupcakes are cool, apply the frosting.
- Calories: 300.57kcal
- Fat: 18.67g
- Saturated Fat: 4.44g
- Trans Fat: 0.15g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 10.04g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.91g
- Carbohydrates: 31.38g
- Fiber: 1.25g
- Sugar: 21.80g
- Protein: 3.22g
- Cholesterol: 46.48mg
- Sodium: 187.79mg
- Calcium: 45.06mg
- Potassium: 90.28mg
- Iron: 0.88mg
- Vitamin A: 128.27µg
- Vitamin C: 0.53mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!