How To Make Batata Harra (Spicy Lebanese Potatoes)
Have a taste of this fork tender batata harra (spicy Lebanese potatoes) recipe. Earthy potatoes that are fried or baked until crispy outside and soft inside. Drizzled with a bright cilantro sauce for a perfect pairing.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the potatoes on a baking sheet and coat with olive oil. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven for 20 minutes flip. Cook for another 20 minutes. Keep in the oven until crispy on the outside and fork-tender inside.
- In a large pot or pan, heat oil to 350 degrees F. Dry the potatoes before frying them by patting with kitchen towel. Fry potatoes for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oil, and drain on a paper towel lined plate.
- In a pan, add olive oil, garlic, and chili flakes. Saute for 1 minute over low-medium heat or until the garlic is fragrant. Add the paprika and fresh cilantro.
- Add cooked potatoes and toss until well coated, remove from pan and transfer to a serving dish.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro, and squeeze fresh lemon juice over the potatoes before serving. Serve hot.
- Sugar: 3g
- Calcium: 50mg
- Calories: 411kcal
- Carbohydrates: 56g
- Fat: 19g
- Fiber: 7g
- Iron: 3mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 14g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g
- Potassium: 1328mg
- Protein: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Sodium: 413mg
- Vitamin A: 206IU
- Vitamin C: 73mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!