How To Make Apple Sheet Cake
Similar to Armenian Apple Cake, this Apple Sheet Cake is baked with fresh apple and cinnamon but topped with apple pie filling. Grab for a quick breakfast!
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F and spray a 9×13-inch baking pan with baking spray.
Using a stand mixer, add the butter and sugar on high speed for about 1 to 2 minutes until light and fluffy.
Add the eggs one at a time then the vanilla extract until fully combined.
Sift together the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt.
Lower the stand mixer speed to low and add in the dry ingredients until just combined.
Stir in the apples gently then pour the batter into your baking pan.
Bake for about 35 to 40 minutes until lightly browned and a toothpick comes out clean.
Cool completely before topping with Apple Pie Filling*.
*Stovetop Apple Pie Filling
- 4 medium apples, peeled and cored
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- Melt butter and cinnamon in large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in apples, sugar, and 3 tablespoons of water.
- Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes or until very slightly softened.
- In a small dish, combine cornstarch and 2 tablespoons of water. Add to pan while stirring and continue to cook until apples are soft and filling is thickened.
- Calories: 267.37kcal
- Fat: 6.60g
- Saturated Fat: 3.89g
- Trans Fat: 0.23g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 1.74g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.41g
- Carbohydrates: 49.75g
- Fiber: 1.27g
- Sugar: 28.27g
- Protein: 2.64g
- Cholesterol: 38.50mg
- Sodium: 91.63mg
- Calcium: 14.84mg
- Potassium: 90.47mg
- Iron: 0.42mg
- Vitamin A: 62.09µg
- Vitamin C: 1.09mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!