How To Make Ceviche Cucumber Cups
Serve an easy yet impressive appetizer with these cucumber cups. They’re topped with fish marinated with lime juice, tomato, cilantro, and bell peppers.
- 8ozfresh raw fish fillet,such as striped bass, finely diced
- 1medium tomato,seeded, finely diced
- 1tbspcilantro,chopped, plus more for garnish
- 1tbspred onion,minced
- ¼yellow bell pepper,finely diced
- ½tbspolive oil
- 3dropstabasco sauce
- 3tbspfresh lime,(1 or 2 limes)
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper,as needed
- 2large cucumbers,thirty ½-inch thick slices
In a medium bowl, combine the sea bass, tomato, onion, chopped cilantro, jalapeño, bell pepper, oil, and Tabasco.
Add the lime juice and toss to coat the fish. Season with salt and pepper.
Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour depending on the size of the fish cubes, stirring occasionally. The fish should have a solid appearance in the flesh and an opaqueness all the way through the center of the fish.
Trim the cucumber slices with a round cutter to remove the rind.
With a melon baller scoop out a shallow pocket in the middle of the cucumber slices—do not cut all the way through the slice.
Just before serving, fill the cucumber cups with the ceviche.
Garnish each ceviche cup with a small dot of sour cream and a cilantro leaf, if desired.
- Calories: 28.62kcal
- Fat: 0.79g
- Saturated Fat: 0.17g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 0.41g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.13g
- Carbohydrates: 2.50g
- Fiber: 0.49g
- Sugar: 0.98g
- Protein: 3.45g
- Cholesterol: 7.56mg
- Sodium: 165.64mg
- Calcium: 11.32mg
- Potassium: 138.88mg
- Iron: 0.28mg
- Vitamin A: 6.36µg
- Vitamin C: 9.37mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!