Yet another great recipe for this super-food, also featuring pine nuts.
How To Make Spaghetti Squash with Basil and Red Peppers
A healthy spaghetti made from squash and seasoned with simple ingredients.
- Prick the squash four or five times with the tip of a knife to prevent it from bursting and bake in a 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) oven until soft to the touch, 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Slice the squash in half immediately to stop the cooking and separate the strands of flesh by
- them with a fork, scooping them out until only the skin remains.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over moderate heat and sauté the peppers until slightly tender, about 3 minutes.
- Combine the squash, peppers, salt, and pepper in a bowl and toss to mix well.
- Sprinkle with basil chiffonade and top with toasted pine nuts. Serves 4 to 6.
- Sugar: 6g
- Calcium: 42mg
- Calories: 162kcal
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Fat: 12g
- Fiber: 3g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 291mg
- Protein: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 29mg
- Vitamin A: 1505IU
- Vitamin C: 54mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!