How To Make Crunchy Granola
You only need 10 minutes to prep this honeyed crunchy granola recipe, made with oats, nuts, and dried fruits, then baked to crispness, for a healthier bite!
Set the racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
In a large bowl, combine the rolled oats, flaxseeds, almonds, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, salt, and dried fruits. Stir to mix well.
In a small bowl, combine the apple sauce, honey, vanilla, and vegetable oil. Stir to mix well. Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ones, and stir well.
Spread the mixture evenly on two rimmed baking sheets, either greased with cooking spray or covered with parchment paper.
Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until evenly golden brown.
Remove the pans from the oven, stir well to keep it from cooling into a hard, solid sheet. Set aside to cool.
Serve warm, and enjoy!
- The finished granola may still feel slightly soft when it comes out of the oven, but it will crisp as it cools.
- Scoop the cooled granola into to a large zipper-lock plastic bag or other airtight container. Store in the refrigerator indefinitely.
- Set a timer to go off every 10 minutes while the granola bakes, so the pans can be rotated to give the granola a good stir to cook evenly
- Calories: 612.69kcal
- Fat: 30.67g
- Saturated Fat: 2.59g
- Trans Fat: 0.03g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 17.02g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 9.17g
- Carbohydrates: 77.00g
- Fiber: 13.47g
- Sugar: 36.13g
- Protein: 16.82g
- Sodium: 242.23mg
- Calcium: 179.38mg
- Potassium: 733.67mg
- Iron: 4.89mg
- Vitamin A: 17.64µg
- Vitamin C: 6.11mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!