How To Fry Buttermilk Chicken
Are you craving tender and crispy fried chicken? Look no further! In this article, we will guide you through the process of frying delicious buttermilk chicken. With the right ingredients and a few simple steps, you’ll be able to enjoy golden brown chicken with a hint of tangy buttermilk flavor. Let’s get started!
- 4 bone-in chicken pieces (such as thighs or drumsticks)
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Place the chicken pieces in a large bowl or resealable plastic bag.
- Pour the buttermilk over the chicken, ensuring that each piece is fully coated. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, or overnight for best results.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. Mix well to create a flavorful coating for the chicken.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet or deep fryer to a temperature of 350°F (175°C).
- Remove one piece of chicken from the buttermilk marinade, allowing any excess liquid to drip off.
- Dredge the chicken in the flour mixture, making sure it is fully coated on all sides.
- Carefully place the coated chicken into the hot oil, skin-side down. Cook for about 6-8 minutes, then carefully flip the chicken using tongs or a slotted spoon.
- Fry the chicken for an additional 6-8 minutes or until it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F (75°C) and the coating is golden brown and crispy.
- Transfer the fried chicken to a paper towel-lined plate or wire rack to drain any excess oil.
- Repeat the breading and frying process with the remaining chicken pieces.
Now that your buttermilk chicken is perfectly fried, it’s time to serve it up and enjoy! Here are a few serving suggestions to elevate your meal:
- Pair your crispy chicken with a side of homemade coleslaw for a refreshing and crunchy contrast.
- Serve it alongside fluffy buttermilk biscuits for a classic Southern-style feast.
- Go for the classic combination of fried chicken and mashed potatoes, and add a drizzle of savory gravy on top.
- Slice the fried chicken and add it to a salad for a lighter, yet satisfying meal option.
With these serving suggestions, you can create a memorable meal that will leave everyone craving for more.
So, what are you waiting for? Grab your apron and get ready to indulge in some crispy and flavorful buttermilk chicken. Whether it’s a family dinner or a weekend gathering with friends, this recipe is sure to be a crowd-pleaser. Enjoy!