We’re bringing you an amazing Thanksgiving turkey stuffing using challah bread, sausages, apples, and more! Make the perfect stuffing complete with all the well-loved Thanksgiving flavors. Have it any time of the year with or without a turkey! This is just one of our amazing Jewish recipes, check out the other dishes you can enjoy!
How To Make Challah Stuffing
Make a Thanksgiving classic all-year-round with our easy-to-make sausage Challah stuffing recipe! Serve crispy yet tender stuffing with the perfect stuffing mix of sausages, corn muffins, and Israeli Challah bread.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt the butter or margarine in a large pan. Saute the sausages, breaking up into little pieces as you go along.
- When sausage is almost cooked through, add the onions, celery, and carrots, sauteeing them until glazed and soft. Add the apples and raisins to the pan and sautee for another 5 minutes or so.
- Put the torn Challah bread on a big pot or bowl.
- Pour the sausage mixture over the bread, then mix it in well.
- Pour 3 cans of the broth over the bread mixture, and work it in so all bread is dampened.
- Mix the crumbled corn muffins, and all of the spices, then add the remaining broth if the stuffing is too dry.
- You can either stuff the neck and body of your turkey with this and bake the rest in a covered pan, or if you prefer you can just bake it all in a pan or casserole dish.
- If you bake it in a casserole or pan, cover with a lid or foil, bake for 45 minutes or so or until done to your personal taste. You can also use this to stuff a pork crown roast. Uncover it for the last 10 minutes to brown it a little. Enjoy!
- Sugar: 52g
- Calcium: 368mg
- Calories: 2669kcal
- Carbohydrates: 210g
- Fat: 194g
- Fiber: 23g
- Iron: 8mg
- Potassium: 3176mg
- Protein: 22g
- Saturated Fat: 39g
- Sodium: 6782mg
- Vitamin A: 31908IU
- Vitamin C: 165mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!