Using up the rinds of your watermelon, your family will love these sweet tender cubes. Oh so good for picnics.
Sweet Watermelon Pickles Recipe
- 4 cup watermelon rind peel off green skin, cubed
- ⅛ cup kosher salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vinegar
- 10 cloves
- 1 tsp. sweet pickle spices
- Soak rind overnight with salt in refrigerator.
- Next day rinse well.
- In a saucepan with water to cover rind, bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Drain and set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, vinegar and spices, bring to a boil, then add rind and simmer again for 10 minutes or until rind looks clear.
- Remove pan from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Pour into a quart jar and refrigerate.
- Ready to eat in a week.
- Keeps for 6 weeks in refrigerator.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!