Using up the rinds of your watermelon, your family will love these sweet tender cubes. Oh so good for picnics.
How To Make Sweet Watermelon Pickles
- Soak rind overnight with salt in refrigerator.
- Next day rinse well.
- In a saucepan with water to cover rind, bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Drain and set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, vinegar and spices, bring to a boil, then add rind and simmer again for 10 minutes or until rind looks clear.
- Remove pan from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Pour into a quart jar and refrigerate.
- Ready to eat in a week.
- Keeps for 6 weeks in refrigerator.
- Sugar: 55g
- Calcium: 9mg
- Calories: 223kcal
- Carbohydrates: 56g
- Fat: 1g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 85mg
- Protein: 1g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 1774mg
- Vitamin A: 432IU
- Vitamin C: 6mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!
Dip, Sauce & Condiment
These watermelon pickles are soaked in white vinegar and sugar with an added taste of cinnamon and cloves.
Serve this stuffed pork tenderloin for a hearty meal with your family! It is seared for a golden brown skin and stuffed with ham and cheese.