This mango habanero salsa recipe is a blend of tropical mangoes, cilantro, and remarkable, crunchy habaneros, which are hotter than the typical red pepper. The sweetness from the mangoes and the powerful heat of habaneros is a stellar mix and gives a wealth of flavors. Once you’ve tried this salsa recipe, you won’t be hosting another Mexican-themed party without it. Don’t forget to make these corn tortilla chips to dip in the habanero mango salsa.
Tips on Making Mango Habanero Salsa
A flavorful salsa is a great addition to your appetizers or plain entrees. Most people don’t think of salsa as an accompaniment to their dishes, but it’s actually incredible as a side dish for chicken and fish recipes. We love putting them in chicken burritos. It’s perfect with tacos and quesadillas, too! Have it instead of a traditional salsa or corn salsa recipe or use it with your entrees. Here are some tips in making a memorable mango habanero salsa.
- For our mango habanero salsa recipe, we keep the ingredients fresh instead of cooking them. All you need to do is chop and mix them all up. There’s no need to cook and blend anymore. You can, however, prepare roasted habaneros for a roasted habanero salsa recipe. This will give a different flavor and consistency that is still pretty tasty and spicy. All you need are the hot peppers, a baking sheet, and an oven for this version.
- It’s easier to fix a thick salsa. All you need to do is add water or vinegar. For a watery salsa, simply strain out some of the juices.
- Wear plastic gloves when you slice and deseed habanero peppers. These peppers are very hot and your skin may sting for quite some time. The aroma may irritate your nose as well and cause you to tear uncontrollably, just like with slicing onions.
- If you aren’t satisfied with the heat from the habaneros, feel free to throw in some jalapenos and bell peppers. Apart from more spiciness, they’ll add texture and a pop of color as well.
- If you aren’t into the tropical taste of mangoes, switch it out for peaches or strawberries.
How to Make Sweet and Spicy Mango Habanero Salsa Recipe
A combination of sweet, hot, and spicy flavors in one appetizer, this mango habanero salsa recipe is a medley of flavors you won’t be able to get enough of!
- Mince the garlic.
- Sprinkle 1¼ teaspoon of salt and mash into a coarse paste.
- In a small bowl, stir in the garlic paste with cilantro, red onions, oil, mango, scallions, habanero, and lime juice.
- Set aside for 15 minutes.
- Serve with tortilla chips for scooping. Enjoy!
- Sugar: 11g
- Calcium: 21mg
- Calories: 97kcal
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Fat: 5g
- Fiber: 2g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 188mg
- Protein: 1g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 4mg
- Vitamin A: 888IU
- Vitamin C: 31mg
Frequently Asked Questions
What do you eat mango salsa with?
This bright-colored mango habanero salsa goes with so many other appetizers and entrees. It is not just for tortilla chips! We love to pair it with Mexican food such as chicken taquitos, chicken quesadillas or a simple enchilada recipe. When prepared with roasted habaneros, the salsa will go wonderfully with burritos and fried fish dishes.
Should I roast Habaneros?
You can roast habaneros if you’re looking to add a smoky flavor and heat to dishes. In addition, you’ll be able to peel off the skin quicker. A word of caution, though. Roasting habanero peppers will make them super spicy!
ConclusionHabanero peppers and tropical mango are mixed to create a highly distinctive mango habanero salsa that has the right amount of sweetness and spice. Get ready to serve it on game nights or Cinco de Mayo. Your guests will surely be asking for your secret salsa recipe!
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!