This flavorful dish is filling and hearty with pinto beans and a little bit of hot sauce for spice.
How To Make Pinto Beans and Ham Hocks
Pork and beans has always had a special relationship. This wonderful take on the classic marriage is definitely a must try! Tender beans slowly cooked along with ham hocks for a delicate cooking that leaves you with juicy and pull-apart tender pork.
- Boil ham hocks on high heat for 45 minutes.
- Add all seasonings except hot sauce and onion.
- Continue boiling for 20 minutes.
- Add pinto beans, hot sauce, and onion.
- Boil on medium heat until beans are done to taste.
- Note: To speed up cooking of beans and reduce the gas that beans produce, soak beans in cold water overnight or for three hours during the day.
- Serve with rice and a meat side dish.
- You can also use the ham hocks as your meat side dish.
- However, ham hocks are a high-fat food.
- Sugar: 5g
- Calcium: 279mg
- Calories: 1117kcal
- Carbohydrates: 144g
- Cholesterol: 107mg
- Fat: 25g
- Fiber: 35g
- Iron: 13mg
- Potassium: 3540mg
- Protein: 76g
- Saturated Fat: 9g
- Sodium: 626mg
- Vitamin A: 19IU
- Vitamin C: 18mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!
Rice & Risotto