Traditionally used in Russian cuisine, beets are an excellent source of vitamins C and A as well as fiber and antioxidants. Naturally sweet, beets are a great way to get kids their nutrients.
How To Make Baby Beets in Sour Cream
This baby beets in sour cream is a delectable side dish with rich flavors of sweet beets along with the kick of horseradish then rounded out with the tang of sour cream and lemon.
- Prepare beets for cooking.
- In medium saucepan in 1 inch water, cook beets until tender, about 20-25 minutes.
- Drain and run under cold water and remove skins.
- Cut into wedges or leave whole if very small.
- Serve cooked beets with sour cream sauce.
- Garnish with parsley or watercress.
- To make sauce, mix all ingredients well in small bowl.
- Serve over beets as directed above.
- Sugar: 17g
- Calcium: 62mg
- Calories: 144kcal
- Carbohydrates: 24g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Fat: 4g
- Fiber: 7g
- Iron: 2mg
- Potassium: 827mg
- Protein: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Sodium: 370mg
- Vitamin A: 201IU
- Vitamin C: 13mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!