This Turkey Mercedes recipe gives Thanksgiving turkey a Cuban twist! We celebrate this American holiday by preparing a turkey marinated with the flavors of Cuba. The recipe is foolproof and the turkey is the best you’ll ever taste!
How To Make Turkey Mercedes
This turkey recipe puts a lovely Cuban twist to the traditional Thanksgiving turkey.
- Crush the peeled garlic cloves, and place into a large bowl.
- Season with pepper, cumin, oregano, and salt.
- Pour in lemon juice, wine, and orange juice concentrate; whisk together until well mixed.
- Using a sharp paring knife, pierce the turkey breast, thighs, and legs; creating holes for the marinade to penetrate.
- Pour the marinade over turkey, and into the holes.
- Finally, stuff garlic pieces into the holes.
- Cover the turkey well, and refrigerate overnight to marinate.
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
Roast turkey in the preheated oven for about 5 hours until the internal temperature of the thickest part of the thigh measures 180 degrees F.
- Baste the turkey every 30 to 45 minutes.
- Once the breast has browned, cover loosely with aluminum foil to prevent it from becoming burnt.
- Calcium: 38mg
- Calories: 233kcal
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Cholesterol: 93mg
- Fat: 7g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 2mg
- Potassium: 466mg
- Protein: 29g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Sodium: 845mg
- Sugar: 7g
- Vitamin A: 145IU
- Vitamin C: 34mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!