How To Make Lamb Tacos
Enjoy a fiesta of Mexican flavors with each bite of these braised lamb tacos! They\’re made with beer, jalapeno, and canned tomatoes.
- Toast the cumin and coriander seeds in a small skillet over medium heat, swirling the pan, for about 2 minutes until slightly darkened. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the vinegar, olive oil, garlic, red pepper flakes, cinnamon stick, brown sugar, chile powder, and tomatoes; whisk to combine.
- Put the lamb in a large nonreactive container and add the marinade; cover and refrigerate overnight or up to 48 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Remove the lamb from the marinade and pat dry; reserve the marinade. Season the lamb with salt and pepper.
- Heat the canola oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Working in batches, add the lamb and cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side until browned. Add the reserved marinade, beer, and jalapeno and bring to a simmer.
- Cover, transfer to the oven, and braise for about 2 hours until very tender. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly. Skim off any excess fat. Remove the lamb and pull the meat off the bone, discarding the bones and fat.
- Strain the liquid into a smaller pot and keep warm. Shred the meat using the fingers and transfer to a bowl. Pour the warmed braising liquid over the meat and toss to coat. Divide among corn tortillas and top with cilantro.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Sugar: 4g
- Calcium: 36mg
- Calories: 444kcal
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Cholesterol: 91mg
- Fat: 33g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 4mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 21g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g
- Potassium: 576mg
- Protein: 30g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Sodium: 103mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 535IU
- Vitamin C: 9mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!
This creamy enchilada is made flavorful by a handful of flavors: from sour cream to chili peppers, we guarantee that this is going to be a dish to remember.
Pies & Pastries
Ready in just 5 minutes, this black Russian drink is a sure crowd-pleaser with its strong blend of vodka and coffee-flavored liqueur.
There is nothing more comforting than having a creamy lasagna when you are craving for pasta. The Italian spices add a different flavorful taste to the pasta.
Pies & Pastries
There's nothing like the aroma and sight of a freshly baked cherry pie in the kitchen! This incredible recipe for scrumptious cherry pie has taken out the pain of creating a pie crust from scratch, so you're left with tending with the heart of the dish – the cherry pie filling!
Paired with rice and beans, this ropa vieja recipe makes a tender twist on the Cuban shredded beef and veggies dish using chuck roast brisket.