How To Make BBQ Pulled Jackfruit Tacos
Packed with classic taco fillings, these jackfruit tacos swap meat for tasty shredded jackfruit in spiced barbecue sauce. Top it with sour cream and lime.
- 28ozjackfruit in brine,(2 cans), drained and rinsed
- 2tbspextra virgin olive oil
- 1½cupsyellow onion,(1 small), finely chopped
- 1jalapeño,seeded and finely chopped, optional
- ¾cupbarbecue sauce,store bought or homemade
- 2tspground cumin
- 1tspdried oregano
- 1tspground coriander
- ½tspsmoked paprika
- ½tspkosher salt
- 1tsporange zest,grated
- 12corn tortillas,(6-inch)
- 1ripe avocado,thinly sliced
- 4radishes,thinly sliced
- ⅓cupcilantro leaves,roughly chopped
- ⅓cupred cabbage,shredded
- ⅓cupcorn kernels,canned or fresh from the cob
- ¼cupsour cream,optional
- 1lime,cut into wedges
With fingers or forks, break apart the chunks of jackfruit into shredded pieces.
In a large saucepan over medium heat, warm the olive oil. Add the onion and cook for about 5 minutes until translucent.
Add the garlic and jalapeño and cook for an additional 1 minute until the garlic is fragrant.
Add the shredded jackfruit to the pan with the onions and stir well. Add the barbecue sauce, cumin, oregano, coriander, smoked paprika, and salt to the pan.
Stir to evenly distribute the spices and cook for another 4 to 5 minutes or until the jackfruit is browned and slightly crisped around the edges. Fold in the orange zest.
Warm the tortillas and add a large spoonful of cooked jackfruit to the center of each.
Top with avocado, radishes, cilantro, cabbage, corn, sour cream, and a squeeze of lime.
- Calories: 491.31kcal
- Fat: 14.31g
- Saturated Fat: 3.04g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 7.81g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.13g
- Carbohydrates: 89.97g
- Fiber: 11.53g
- Sugar: 45.78g
- Protein: 8.73g
- Cholesterol: 4.98mg
- Sodium: 568.62mg
- Calcium: 157.20mg
- Potassium: 1276.17mg
- Iron: 2.51mg
- Vitamin A: 43.33µg
- Vitamin C: 44.76mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!