How To Make Copycat Panda Express Firecracker Chicken Breast
This Panda Express-inspired dish takes tender chicken meat and stir fries them in a spicy sauce to create a firecracker chicken breast recipe.
- 12ozchicken ,boneless skinless breast cut into long thin pieces
- 2tbspcanola oil
- 1tspsesame oil
- 8pcswhole dry chili pepper
- 1tspred chili pepper,crushed
- 1½tspblack beans ,washed
- 1pcred bell pepper,diced into 1-inch strips
- 1pcyellow bell pepper ,diced into 1-inch strips
- ½white onion ,sliced into 3/4 inch wedges
- 1tspwhite wine ,or any cooking wine
- 1tbspsoy sauce
Mix the sesame oil, cooking wine, soy sauce, cornstarch mix and water in a small cup.
Heat wok over high flame. Add canola oil until it is heated through.
Add chicken breast and cook over high heat for 1 minute.
Remove the chicken and add in the onions and red and yellow bell pepper and cook for 30 seconds.
To the pan of vegetables, add whole dry chili peppers into skillet and stir for about 30 seconds until they darken.
Add the ginger, garlic, crushed red chili pepper and washed black beans into skillet and stir for another 30 seconds.
Add the chicken and the mixed sauce ingredients to the pan and stir until the sauce thickens.
- Calories: 316.38kcal
- Fat: 21.37g
- Saturated Fat: 4.40g
- Trans Fat: 0.11g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 10.20g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 5.33g
- Carbohydrates: 13.10g
- Fiber: 2.23g
- Sugar: 4.15g
- Protein: 18.23g
- Cholesterol: 63.79mg
- Sodium: 286.76mg
- Calcium: 30.98mg
- Potassium: 521.91mg
- Iron: 1.72mg
- Vitamin A: 105.80µg
- Vitamin C: 184.68mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!