How To Make Kaldereta
Kaldereta is a hearty Filipino stew. This recipe combines its tomato-based broth with rich coconut milk to make an even more robust dish.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Sauté garlic until color turns light brown.
- Add chopped onion. Cook until soft.
- Add pork belly slices. Sauté until outer part turns light brown.
- Put the chopped ripe tomatoes into the pan. Cook until soft.
- Pour pork broth into the pan. Let boil.
- Add chopped Thai chili, liver spread, and dried bay leaves.
- Pour coconut milk. Stir and cover and cook between low to medium heat for 45 to 60 minutes or until tender. Note: add more broth or water if needed.
- Put-in carrots and potato and cook for 7 minutes.
- Add bell peppers. Cook for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Season with fish sauce and crushed whole peppercorn. Continue to cook until sauce thickens.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Share and enjoy!
- Sugar: 11g
- Calcium: 112mg
- Calories: 1667kcal
- Carbohydrates: 41g
- Cholesterol: 163mg
- Fat: 156g
- Fiber: 7g
- Iron: 7mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 64g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 16g
- Potassium: 2052mg
- Protein: 30g
- Saturated Fat: 66g
- Sodium: 1871mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 7737IU
- Vitamin C: 137mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!
This gourmet burger adds something exquisite to your dinner table brought on by the red wine and the Havarti cheese.
Potato salad is a staple appetizer for spring and summer. Add some green onions and drizzle it with mayonnaise for perfection.
Enjoy this tangy bowl of Mandarin Orange and Grilled Chicken Salad with citrusy notes to balance out the smokey grilled chicken. Try out this 3-step salad for a quick and easy appetizer before a heavy dinner!
Bring together two classic sweet treats to make these chocolate covered gummy bears. The result is fruity, chewy, and creamy in every bite.