Most stews don’t use mushrooms, so this is a rather unique recipe. Dried mushrooms are actually a delicious addition to beef stew. Try this recipe and taste it for yourself!
How To Make Beef and Mushroom Stew
Have a bowl of this beef and mushroom stew recipe. Savory and rich beef stew with mushrooms for a hearty and filling meal. Best served on top of rice.
- Soak mushrooms in water for 30 minutes. Remove mushrooms and reserve the liquid.
- Rinse the mushrooms under cold running water. Coarsely chop the mushrooms.
- Strain the mushroom liquid through a paper coffee filter in a bowl. In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Pat the beef dry. Add the beef to the skillet and brown well on all sides, for about 10 minutes, transferring the pieces to a plate as they brown.
- Add the onions to the pot and cook for about 5 minutes, or until softened. Stir in the tomato paste. Add wine and bring the liquid to a simmer.
- Return the meat to the pan. Add the mushrooms and their liquid, bay leaves, cloves and salt and pepper to taste. Add the broth.
- Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally until the meat is tender and liquid is reduced. It should take 2½ to 3 hours. Once done, remove bay leaves and serve hot.
- Sugar: 2g
- Calcium: 54mg
- Calories: 553kcal
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Cholesterol: 156mg
- Fat: 35g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 5mg
- Potassium: 940mg
- Protein: 45g
- Saturated Fat: 13g
- Sodium: 527mg
- Vitamin A: 111IU
- Vitamin C: 4mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!
This savory mushroom stew is a great alternative to beef stew if you're avoiding meat.
With a three-ingredient crust, these pineapple empanadas are a real treat. They are filled with pineapple preserves, which give you a taste of the tropics.
Pan-Fry & Skillet
Whip up a healthy meal with this shrimp and spinach recipe. This dish is bursting with flavor along with the sweetness of spinach.
This Japanese-style deep-fried panko shrimp recipe offers a scrumptious bite! Plump shrimps are covered with spices and bread crumbs.
BBQ & Grilled
Satisfy your sweet tooth craving with this banana split cake, made of vanilla ice cream sandwiches, chocolate cool whip, and juicy fruits.