Wolfgang Puck However you cook your rib-eyes, let them rest for 10 minutes on a foil-covered platter to give the bubbling-hot juices time to settle back evenly into the meat. Then transfer them to serving plates and sit back to watch your guests, whatever their gender, enjoy a truly manly main course.
How To Make Dry-Rub Marinated Rib-Eye Steaks With Grilled Onions And Sweet-And-Spicy Dipping Sauce
A combination of sweet and spicy rub for a tender rib-eye steak
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the rub ingredients and stir well.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature until ready to use.
- Trim the steaks.
- On a large platter, sprinkle them all over on both sides with 1/2 cup of the rub and, with your fingers, rub the seasonings into the meat thoroughly. (Reserve the remaining rub for the Grilled Onions and other uses.)
- Cover the steaks with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or as long as overnight.
- Set the rack of an outdoor grill 6 inches above the fire bed.
- Prepare a hot fire.
- Moisten a clean cloth or paper towels with olive oil and, holding the cloth or towels with long grilling tongs, carefully oil the grill rack.
- Place the steaks on the grill and close the cover.
- Cook the steaks until nicely browned and done to your liking, 6 to 8 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Remove them from the grill to a clean platter, cover with aluminum foil, and leave them to rest for 10 minutes to allow the juices to settle back evenly into the meat.
- Coat them evenly with the olive oil and sprinkle them on both sides with 1 tbsp. of the Sweet-and-Spicy Rub.
- Place them on the grill and cook until nicely browned, about 5 minutes per side.
While the onions are grilling, make the Sweet-and-Spicy Dipping Sauce.
Sweet-and-Spicy Dipping Sauce
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, honey, jalapeno, oregano and salt.
- Whisk well until the honey has dissolved.
- Pour the sauce into four small decorative dipping bowls and place each one beside a large serving plate.
- Transfer the steaks to the serving plates and top them with the grilled onion slices.
- Serve immediately. Serves 4.
- Sugar: 28g
- Calcium: 764mg
- Calories: 499kcal
- Carbohydrates: 86g
- Cholesterol: 1mg
- Fat: 19g
- Fiber: 26g
- Iron: 30mg
- Potassium: 1244mg
- Protein: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Sodium: 2916mg
- Vitamin A: 6580IU
- Vitamin C: 23mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!