This creamy, easy-to-make, low-sodium tomato soup will leave you wanting more.
How To Make Yummy Tomato Soup
The combination of herbs really makes this creamy tomato soup even yummier.
- Heat butter in large soup pot over medium heat.
Add the bacon and cook for about 1 minute until crisp.
Remove bacon to a paper towel-lined plate and set aside.
Lower to medium heat and add onion, celery, carrots, and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes until soft.
- Stir in the flour and cook, stirring for 3 minutes.
- Pour in the chicken broth and crush the tomatoes through your fingers into the pan.
- Bring to a boil, whisking constantly.
Tie the parsley sprigs, thyme, and bay leaf together with a piece of kitchen string and add to the pot.
- Lower the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Remove and discard the herb bundle.
- Working in bathes, transfer the cooled mixture to a blender and puree until smooth.
- Return puree to the pot and reheat over medium heat
- Whisk in the cream, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!