A simple soup that’s hearty and delicious! This will feed you and your family for days! Use turkey kielbasa for a healthier option.
Lentil and Sausage Soup Recipe
How To Make Lentil and Sausage Soup
A delicious and simple recipe for hearty lentil and sausage soup. The perfect soup dish that can be eaten on its own with just a drizzle of olive oil – or a piece of good toast!
- In a small bowl, cover lentils with boiling water and let sit 15 minutes.
- Drain and set aside.
- In a large stockpot over medium heat, heat olive oil and saute onions, leeks, garlic, salt, pepper, thyme and cumin for 20 minutes, or until vegetables are translucent and tender.
- Add celery and carrots and let cook another 10 minutes.
- Add chicken stock, tomato paste and drained lentils.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 1 hour.
- Check seasonings and adjust as needed.
- Add kielbasa and red wine until kielbasa is warmed through.
- Serve with a drizzle of olive oil and some grated parmesan.
- Sugar: 10g
- Calcium: 88mg
- Calories: 571kcal
- Carbohydrates: 47g
- Cholesterol: 60mg
- Fat: 30g
- Fiber: 14g
- Iron: 6mg
- Potassium: 1107mg
- Protein: 28g
- Saturated Fat: 9g
- Sodium: 1665mg
- Vitamin A: 6032IU
- Vitamin C: 16mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!