How To Make Easy and Quick Chicken Rice Soup
For a delicious and filling take on a classic, this chicken rice soup does a great job. It’s tasty, comforting, and doesn’t take too long to make.
- 1½tbspunsalted butter
- 1tbspolive oil
- 1mediumred bell pepper,chopped
- ½yellow onion,diced
- 1largecarrot,finely diced
- 2largestalks celery,finely diced
- ½tspthyme leaves,dried
- 2reduced sodium chicken stock,(14½ oz), or chicken broth, stock has a richer flavor
- 1pkgknorr rice sides chicken flavor broccoli
- 2cupsrotisserie chicken,prepared, chopped or shredded
- salt and freshly pepper,cracked
- fresh parsley,fresh thyme, parmesan cheese, optional
Heat butter and olive oil in a dutch oven over medium-high heat. Once the butter is melted, add the chopped pepper, diced onion, diced carrot, diced celery, and thyme. Stir occasionally, until vegetables are tender. This will take about 8 to 10 minutes.
Add broth or stock, water, and the package of rice sides. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook covered 10 minutes or until rice is tender.
Meanwhile, shred or chop the rotisserie chicken.
Stir in chicken and serve immediately. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Top with fresh parsley and fresh thyme if desired. Add some parmesan cheese to each bowl if desired.
Best enjoyed the same day it is made or the rice tends to bloat.
- Calories: 173.67kcal
- Fat: 12.40g
- Saturated Fat: 4.18g
- Trans Fat: 0.16g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 5.32g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.91g
- Carbohydrates: 5.77g
- Fiber: 2.00g
- Sugar: 2.58g
- Protein: 10.05g
- Cholesterol: 42.63mg
- Sodium: 471.00mg
- Calcium: 39.18mg
- Potassium: 331.12mg
- Iron: 0.94mg
- Vitamin A: 195.85µg
- Vitamin C: 53.44mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!