How To Make Creamy Chicken, Spinach and Mushroom Tortellini Soup
This tortellini soup will definitely be one of your new favorites. Creamy, cheesy, and oh so comforting, it’s the perfect cozy meal for cold days.
- 1½tbspolive oil
- 1⅓cupsyellow onion,(1 medium), chopped
- 1⅓cupscarrots,(about 3 medium), diced
- 8ozcremini mushrooms,sliced
- 4½cupslow-sodium chicken broth
- 1lbboneless skinless chicken breasts,pounded evenly to about ½-inch thickness
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ¼cupunsalted butter,sliced into 1 tbsp pieces
- 9ozthree cheese tortellini,refrigerated
- 4ozfresh spinach,(4 cups)
- ⅓cupheavy cream
- parmesan cheese,finely shredded, for serving
Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrots and mushrooms and saute for 3 minutes then add garlic and saute for 1 minute longer.
Add in chicken broth, chicken, oregano and thyme and season with salt and pepper.
Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover pot with a lid and allow to simmer for 10 to15 minutes until chicken is cooked through (it should register 165 degrees F in the center on an instant read thermometer).
While chicken is cooking, melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and cook, whisking constantly for 1 minute.
While whisking vigorously slowly pour in milk. Season with salt and pepper and bring mixture just to a light boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and set aside.
Remove cooked chicken from soup and transfer to a cutting board, let rest for 5 minutes then cut into pieces.
Meanwhile, add tortellini to soup in pot, cover pot with lid and allow to boil over medium heat about 7 minutes (or time directed on package) adding in spinach during the last 1 minute of cooking.
Stir in chicken, white sauce and cream. Serve warm with parmesan cheese.
- Calories: 474.18kcal
- Fat: 33.56g
- Saturated Fat: 15.14g
- Trans Fat: 0.38g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 9.28g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.05g
- Carbohydrates: 55.41g
- Fiber: 6.92g
- Sugar: 13.00g
- Protein: 40.05g
- Cholesterol: 165.57mg
- Sodium: 1550.31mg
- Calcium: 292.00mg
- Potassium: 1354.10mg
- Iron: 3.17mg
- Vitamin A: 584.24µg
- Vitamin C: 12.24mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!