This tasty soup has an interesting serving that’ll surprise you. Our chicken soup recipe stir-fries the meat alongside some vegetables. We then add some chicken broth and other flavoring ingredients to give it that sweet-savory taste. If using fresh pineapple, halve it lengthwise and reserve the hollowed halves for serving containers.
How To Make Chicken Almond Appetizer Soup
Have a bowl of this chicken almond appetizer soup recipe. Stir-fried chicken and veggies form the base of this dish. Mixed with almonds for a toasted nutty taste.
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 20 mins
Total: 30 mins
- 2 large white chicken breasts, about 2 lbs, skinned, halved lengthwise
- ½ cup whole almonds, blanched
- 19 oz chicken broth, about 3¾ cup
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- ½ cup carrots, diced
- ½ cup celery, bias sliced
- 3 green onions, bias sliced to 1 inch strips
- 1 cup fresh pineapple chunks, or 8¼ oz can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Cut chicken into ¾ inch pieces; set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add oil. Stir fry the celery, carrots and green onions in hot oil for 2 minutes or until tender. Set aside.
- Add almonds to the skillet. Add more oil, if necessary. Stir fry for 1 to 2 minutes or just until golden. Remove from skillet.
- Add half of the chicken to the hot oil in the skillet. Stir fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until done. Set aside.
- Stir fry the remaining chicken for 2 to 3 minutes. Return the celery, carrots, green onions, almonds, and the first half of the chicken to the skillet.
- Add the chicken broth, pineapple, and soy sauce. Cook mixture until heated through.
- Serve the soup in hollowed pineapple halves, if desired.
- Sugar: 5g
- Calcium: 43mg
- Calories: 185kcal
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Cholesterol: 29mg
- Fat: 12g
- Fiber: 2g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 282mg
- Protein: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Sodium: 384mg
- Vitamin A: 126IU
- Vitamin C: 9mg
Submit Your Own Recipe
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!