How To Make Slow Cooked Smothered Brisket
- 1 (3 to 4 lb.) brisket trimmed of fat
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp cracked black pepper
- 1 green bell pepper seeded and sliced into rings
- 1 onion sliced into rings
- 1 (16 oz.) bottle Jack Daniels barbecue sauce
- Place brisket in crockpot and season with garlic powder and black pepper.
- Top with green bell pepper and onion slices.
- Pour half the barbecue sauce over brisket and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours.
- Remove brisket from crockpot and slice or shred.
- Pour remaining half of barbecue sauce over all and let sit for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.